07 June 2006

Hello from Georgia



Wow, so much to catch up on, I don't really know where to start. Remember when I would cram my little bitty helicopter full of stuff and could barely get off the ground? And then I would get blown all over the FARP by all of you. I'll just say this, revenge has been sweet!! (Just kidding, no hard feelings.) I have been flying various versions of Chinooks since 1996. It was a sad day a several years ago when I realized I had more Chinook time than 58 time, I guess I can no longer say I'm a scout pilot flying chinooks. Don't worry, my sadness didn't last long, once I got up, took a leak and walked around and strethced my legs a little after coming off the HAR track.

I just switched over to the MH47G, our newest one. I am often asked what I like better, flying little birds or Chinooks. Honestly, they each have their own place in my love of flying, but I really do love what I do. No where else would I still get to be a mission pilot as a CW4. I pray I get to do this until I leave the army.

So as not to take up too much space on my first day here, I'll sign off for now and see if I can figure out how to post a few pictures. I look forward to hearing from all of you, hopefully I'll make the upcoming reunion.

NSDQ!

Mike

1 Comments:

Blogger Bugs said...

Glad to see that you matured to a Boeing product. If you need some cool Chinook mugs and stuff... even though I'm not in Philly anymore.. I should still be able to get some. ( I'm in Huntsville.. close enough for you to fly over and visit!)

14 June, 2006 20:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter