22 May 2006

Instruction Complete: New Technical Dive Instructor on the Block

So I can tell you guys really like the audio blog! Hey, it was the first one. And it wasn't easy I was trying to stay awake by hanging my head out the window dodging bugs, eating flaming hot cheetos and slamming Dr. Peppers like water. My hair (what little there is) was standing on end.

So you also want to be an audio blogger to this weblog. You can be, just follow the magic instructions!!!!

1. dial 415-856-0205
2. when asked, type in the primary number which is 903-520-3133
3. the pin is 6464
4. start yapping
5. hit pound key (#) when done, otherwise all is lost

This will show up as a date and time stamp on the blog, if neccesary I can rename it for you losers.

Back to the important stuff.

After a week of pretty much getting my testes smashed daily by a technical instructor trainer (whose name happens to be Dan) I have been bestowed the coveted title of technical dive instructor for advanced nitrox (oxygen mixes up to 100%) decompression procedures (max depth 150' with decompression gas stage bottle) and after I complete 25 dives with 2 additional stage bottles I will be able to teach extended range (depths to 180'). It was like a check ride every day. I was student on one dive, he was student on the next. Needless to say he wasn't a good student. He was always getting into trouble, going to deep wandering off and simulating running out of air at depth. It was a nightmare. Teaching classes and planning and briefing the dives. Homework and tests every night.

I am just happy to be part of the team.

4 Comments:

Blogger DMAC said...

How come you never studied this hard for the checkrides I gave you?

23 May, 2006 18:00  
Blogger Dean Pennington II said...

As I recall, I was an example of the perfect student! I agreeed when you were right and didn't when you were wrong. As you have so often reminded me, you were never wrong!

23 May, 2006 22:35  
Blogger Dean Pennington II said...

Oh yeah, I forgot, chicks dig fat white technical divers who can go deeper and stay longer.

23 May, 2006 22:36  
Blogger DMAC said...

Ok, other than your wife...what chicks?

24 May, 2006 16:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter