27 August 2006

Leave a changed man.

The first meeting, reunion, get together, crossing of paths, talkfest marathon... was successfully concluded today!

I say sorry to those who---- could not, would not or just not able to be with us.

It was worth it.


It was a loosely assembled meeting with really only one goal, to be together. This was accomplished.

Many met on Friday. Thankfully Steve had graciously allowed me to clean his plate of quasidilla on my arrival. We migrated to my hotel room for a cool beverage and conversation. See George's picture, and had dinner at the Saltgrass Steakhouse (Steve, Dean, George, Kristin, Brad, Bryan, Dennis, Brendon,Ron and Wanda). It was delicious, even though many say I am not qualified to judge due to my lack of refined palate and desire to eat anything animal vegetable mineral. I was to the point of actually chewing on Brads honch. Not only was the food good, but the company better. We adjourned that evening and met the next morning.

The strong of heart worked out on Saturday morning. I am glad I was able to awaken successfully. An impromptu lucheon was had across the street at Wendy's. It is funny how no matter where we went, we stayed long talking. Gary Edwards was standing in the lobby as we returned.

We moved en mass to . There were skeptics initially. This all changed the moment play began! Just over an hour later, I was unable to speak in a natural voice and I was soaked in sweat. All I can say is you have to play to understand how fun it is.

We returned to the hotel and who do we see but Dan Craytor, John Roden and Tom Anderson! We spent the remainder of the afternoon in the lobby eating, drinking and talking. We left only because we were not invited to the wedding party!

Then it was off to Benihana's for another delicious meal. Thanks to Stacie the General Manager! George presented us all with a framed picture of the group. It had just been taken mere minutes before. Thank You.

After eating we regrouped at the hotel, those who wanted adjourned to a local club for more conversation over beverages. The establishment was gracious enough to allow cigar smoking. Tom Anderson actually talked until he was unable to speak any more! Steve was unable to talk several times, so moved he was! We left around 0130. Tom left my room at 0300, he had found his voice again!

This morning we met for breakfast and fare wells.

I will say that some things were said this weekend -- that touched my heart. There was was much generosity and love.

I wish we could have all been there. I am glad I was.

Older, fatter, less hair was I.

Happier I am.

Looking forward to the next meeting, I do.

I thank each one of you for coming and for sharing.

And to you losers who weren't there,


I GOT THE T-SHIRT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter