18 February 2006

CAVE DIVING

If you see a sign like this, you have gone to far!!!

I am in route home after a week in north central Florida. I spent the last 7 days training in overhead environments (caves). At one point, I was actually 1500' into a cave system. That is just kid stuff to the pro's. It does make you think about 1500' back to the entrance and open water.

My instructor must be a push over like Dennis, since he certified me Full Cave Diver with the National Association for Cave Diving. This is a link to see the difference between scuba and cave diver, http://www.safecavediving.com/safetybrochure/index.html .
I also got checked out to teach advanced nitrox (Oxygen 21%-100% up to depths of 150').

As I was walking up the stairs today with my kit, 2 steel cylinders 130 cu ft each on an aluminum back plate (47 lbs each without air in them), I thought

man this was fun!

Glad to see some memories are getting posted!!!!

I am still waiting for e-mail addresses of other BAD BOYS, so I can invite them on the board.

You know who you are! Send them to me and I will handle the rest.

Keeps those cards and letters coming (posts).

1 Comments:

Blogger Bugs said...

Wow, I am impressed! I am in Awe! I think there would have to be a huge treasure or historical wartime secret hidden down there for me to make the trip.

22 February, 2006 08:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter